Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Training A New Missionary

                  "A missionary's first companion has a profound, lasting influence on the development of the missionary's attitudes, habits, and ability to fulfill his or her purpose. The responsibility to train a new missionary is a sacred trust from your mission president and from the Lord ( In - Field Training for New Missionaries: Instructions for Trainer p.1 )".




- The Mount Druitt District / Hebersham Zone Missionaries.

- with Sister Herrera, Sister Allen, Sister Kale,
Sister Pak, Elder Stockman, Elder Tangulu,
Elder Tematafaarere, Elder Ialulu,
Elder Lelenoa and Elder Cecilio.





- with Elder Lelenoa from Melbourne Australia.









- just taking selfie with 
Sister Kale, Sister Allen, Sister Herrera
and Elder Tangulu.





- this is me with Bro. Bill Ruxton. He is an architect which is really cool.









- this is me with my companion and 
the Pei Family in our ward.

             
          My core experienced with God this week comes with accepting the calling as a trainer to a new missionary in the mission. When I got the call last Saturday about training a new missionary, I was kind of excited and nervous about it because this is my first time training a new missionary in the mission. I accepted the call to train a new missionary because I know that it will also help me to become more an effective missionary in the mission with my companion. The training that we had received last Tuesday really gives me an idea of what to do with training a new missionary and helping them to see what missionary life is. 

 - The Bungaribee Sisters 
and the Doonside Elders.




- with Elder Reiner , Elder Tematafaarere, Elder Mauigoa, and Elder Cecilio. 










- Sister Pak, Sister Mapuhi, Elder Mauigoa, Sister Wilson and Sister Kale.










- Sister Pak, Sister Jimmy, Sister Metta and Sister Kale.










 - this is me with my companion 
and the Matautia Family.




- every time they got my camera they just take selfie. This is Sister Pak, Sister Kale and some Youths of the Bungaribee Ward.











 - this is me with Sister Kale and Sister Pak.


- with Elder Kaufusi, Elder Nathan, Elder Tangulu and Elder Stockman.










- with Sister Piutau with her Humility pose, Sister Metta, Sister Wilson, Elder Kaufusi and Elder Nathan at the back.



 




- with Elder Kaufusi and Sister Metta.











- with Elder Kaufusi, Sister Piutau, Sister Oeti, Elder Nathan and Elder Tangulu at the back.



- with Elder Kaufusi, Elder Cecilio, Elder Tangulu, Elder Nathan, Elder Tematafaarere and Elder Stockman.






                




           My goal as a 
trainer is to help my companion (trainee) be the kind of missionary who, if called upon, could also train a new missionary by the end of the 12 weeks training period. One of my goal also as a trainer is to help my companion (trainee) be totally freely obedient, be totally devoted to our Mission President and most importantly is to be totally devoted to the Lord Jesus Christ. I will treat my companion as an equal missionary with the same authority that I have with him and to help him to be an effective messenger of the truth. I know that I will learn a lot of things from my new companion and with the training that I had with him. This 12 week training program to a new missionary will really help me to focus myself with my companion and with the Lord and our work in the Lord's mission instead of thinking about myself and my family.



- this is me with Elder Lucerna, Elder Tematafaarere, Sister  Utuone and Elder Tangulu.









- this is me with Sister Kaakau, Sister Nonu and Sister Afualo.












- this is me with Elder White from New Zealand.











 - just at the rooftop eating our lunch with Elder Tangulu, Elder Kaufusi and Elder Nathan.











- It's a nice cold day with this beautiful tree in our area. 
 













- this is me with my new companion right now Elder Sloan from New Zealand.


















- this is me with my companion Elder Sloan.









 - This is a nice and beautiful tree in Doonside.


                Something that I learned as Jesus Taught this week is that us a companion (trainer) to a new missionary, I must set as an example of the gospel living  and devoted, selfless service to God and His children. As what it says in 1 Timothy 4:12 and it says: " Let no man despise thy youth, but be thou an example of thy believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in Spirit, in faith, in purity".

No comments:

Post a Comment