Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Miracle Entry in the Mission

       One of the finding tools that we have as a missionary is using the survey, knocking doors and tracting which is sometimes good and bad. Being here in a area which most of the people are rich and most of them are contented of what they have is not that good but the Lord is really helping us in preparing His people to receive us and the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. One day my companion and I decided to survey and tracting at a place which is our first time to be there. We went there and talk to as many people as we can but most of the people did really try to neglect us all the time. We were on the park that time and my companion Elder Neilsen told me that " Elder Cecilio, pick a street on the map that we could go tracting and at that time also I don't have any idea which place to go. My companion and I decided to prayed, after that my companion again told me the same question that he had and I just said; "Okay, let's go to Lemongrove Avenue and tract on that street. We went to that place and started to tract but sad to say that most of the people are not home and most of them are not interested at all. And at the last door that we knocked, I heard that someone is playing a piano and then a Chinese lady open the door and greet us. We introduced ourselves and then our conversation starts about piano cause I also know how to play piano a little bit. She told us that her son is practicing for it and wanna learn to play piano.The time came when she ask about us and about what we are doing as a missionary and we did really answer her questions. She told us that she is also reading some books about Jesus Christ which makes her to search for a Church that she makes her belong on it.
- with Sister Feil as one of our fellowship, Sis. Kaye Guan and Elder Crump.

      She also told us that she has no religion in her own and she also wanted to know about our Church and about God and Jesus Christ. A great opportunity that came to me and my companion that time to share the message of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and its very a wonderful feeling that I have to share with it. She also asks some questions that time which is so good to really let her understand of what we are teaching to her. We ended up giving her a pamphlet and then we also give her a copy of the Book of Mormon and then we invite her to read, ponder, pray its message if its true and she said that she would love to do it. She also ask us about the Church address and she told us that she would love to come Church and be there.We started up teaching with her at the mission office and a month later she enters into the waters of baptism which is so great. I took some photos with the day that she got baptized so that all of you could also see it.
- Normanhurst Chapel

- Sis. Kaye Guan's baptismal day.


- with Sis. Guan, Sis. Ma and Anlong

-Sis. Kaye Guan

- this is me Elder Cecilio.

- at the Normanhurst Chapel.

 

 

 

- Sis. Guan's baptism.

-with Bro. and Sis. Ma, Sis Guan,

Elder Crump and me Elder Cecilio.


                    Last April 26,2014 was one of the most wonderful time that I have in the mission and which is one of my core experienced with God. The investigator that we found while tracting got baptized and her name is Kaye Guan. I've been very thankful to our Father in Heaven so much because of the things that I have witnessed in the Lord's mission. Seeing miracles in the Lord's mission is such a great kind of experienced that I have and I could really say that the Lord is really preparing His people to receive us and the restored gospel. She is one of the "golden investigators " that we have because of the great desire that she has to learn about Jesus Christ and His gospel. Its also a memorable day for me cause its also my mother's birthday last April 26,2014 and hope that I could just say Happy Birthday to her but probably I will just greet her this Mother's day which will be a good experienced for me also.

No comments:

Post a Comment